Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Projection or transfer to Video

  1. #1
    Roy J. Brown
    Guest Roy J. Brown's Avatar

    Question

    Last night I showed a friend about 200ft of Super8mm home movies I shot last summer. He kept commenting "Wow look at those colors-This is really cool" It had been years since he had seen projected Super 8mm Kodachrome. My question is how many of you make movies to project or do you just transfer them to video. I'm not trying to start a video vs film war - Just curious.

    ------------------

  2. #2
    cameraguy
    Guest cameraguy's Avatar

    Post

    I am a projection only user.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    video. for my 16 mm productions a projection print is always the target though. keycode and contact prints makes it soooo much easier in that format, plus you can show it in almost any theater, most schools, most museums, many conference rooms and so on.

    /matt

  4. #4
    S 8 Booster
    Guest S 8 Booster's Avatar

    Post

    Home Movies: projection

    For commercial filmmaking: S8->DV/DVD


    A long time from now an future option on home movies may be: S8->DVD + Video projector but I preffer S8 K40 Projection.

    But the real "move" (magic) feeling is only there when you use a S8 projector & screen.

    ------------------
    Vidar

  5. #5
    Mikko
    Guest Mikko's Avatar

    Post

    I,ve done some music videos with S8, but mostly projection with sound stripe.

    M

    ------------------

  6. #6
    #Pedro
    Guest #Pedro's Avatar

    Post

    Only projection, built-in motor screen with stereo speakers and projector ready to use in a special closet - only open the door, press the screen button and here we go.
    For successful video transfer, the film should be planned for video use, avoiding any contrast and too much details in picture, as video cannot handle that. But exactly high contrasts and against light shots are what make the very special magic of a real movie projection.
    Pedro

    ------------------

  7. #7
    mcarter4121
    Guest mcarter4121's Avatar

    Post

    I gave up on getting sound to sync and jumped onto 16mm optical sound on film with only one roll of reversal film! smile
    That is projected. What a solution. See my web site about it. Already shot 3 x 100 ft rolls and got sound on all three. A new sound lamp is in the mail to me. The old one is now a museaum piece. The amp I got was new off the shelf, never used. Everything works great. Imagine, optical sound on film in one shot. Cool. I'm using it for documentary interviews at present. http://www.16mmoviemaking.com



    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •